Sunday, February 18, 2018

Apples N Strawberries OH MY!


We live in Florida, local strawberries are IN season. OH YUM! Since I gave up processed sugar a year ago, my go to sweet desires are from fresh fruit. Each week, I peel a five pound bag of apples, slice, sprinkle with lots of cinnamon, sprinkle 1 pkg. sweet n low, a dash of water and microwave in a covered dish for 5 minute, stir, 4 minutes and stir.
We keep it in the fridge for eating cold or reheat and eat for dessert.
Last week I bought fresh strawberries and sliced and put in a container for the week.
Half way through the week I needed more fridge space and dumped the two together, stirred the cinnamon juice on the strawberries and OH MY!
This week I just added them together to start with.
PS. do not cook the strawberries! 
This is America and all warnings have to be posted.

You are Berry special, and Berry Nice to read all this. I thank you Berry Much for stopping by.


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am impressed! And your last picture of the strawberries is beautiful. More of your recipe ideas please. You have my faucet and sink. First picture insert...I am trying to figure out what that tall thing is just to the right of the strawberry leaf. Looks like some kind of wire sculpture.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...drooling over here... YAM xx

Karen said...

These berries look great. It will be June before the "Strawberry Festival" here in Starlight, Indiana. I look forward to fresh berries each year.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if I was a fruit I would want to be a strawberry
I expect I've eaten my weight in strawberries 87 x over over my 69 years.
HugsCecilia

Pam said...

Yummy....those look good. I only eat them dipped in chocolate. Oh....my but then everything is great dipped in chocolate! haha

Chatty Crone said...

Yummy, berry good!

Mevely317 said...

I'll bet your home smells wonderful when the apples and cinnamon begin to warm!
I don't eat fruit, but those are two of Tom's favorites ... definitely something I'm going to make for him!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fresh strawberries...... YUMMY! They not only sound good but look fabulous.

Ida said...

Oh lucky you, Fresh Local berries are a long way off here yet. - I hate the ones you buy in the store because most of them are picked halfway green and just don't taste the same as fresh ones right off the vine.

Ann Thompson said...

Yum. You've made me hungry for strawberries and apples

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yummy! I love fresh fruit and your apples sounds really good.

Linda said...

I love strawberries and took some last week to Nita’s for our dinner on Thursday night. Before we left on our sibling trip I put the bag of strawberries, the rest of the salad, a bag of cheese and a bottle of dressing in a big basket for Louis Dean to take home. He did. Took it home and sat it on the kitchen floor. When I got home everything was still in it.....spoiled! I’m still mourning the loss.